Pastor's Desk: 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Welcome everyone and I am delighted to say we had a tremendous response to our Volunteering Sunday last week. As of now, 78 parishioners have signed up for 100 voluntary positions in our parish. This number is beyond what our expectations for the day were, considering our first Volunteering Sunday last year brought in 100 responses. We extend our thanks to all those who made the day happen and to the generosity of the people who put themselves forward. The breakdown is as follows:
|Adoration Society||7||St. Luke’s Gospel NEW||4|
|Altar Flower Society||4||Ministers of the Eucharist||7|
|Altar Servers||1||Ministers of the Word||6|
|Baptism Preparation Team||3||Ministry of Welcome & Church Stewards||3|
|Bethany Support Group NEW||5||Trinity News Distribution Team NEW||12|
|Choral Choir NEW||21||Padre Pio Prayer Group||1|
|Communications Team NEW||1||Parish Family Offering||1|
|Confirmation Preparation Program||3||Parish Prayer Group||2|
|Environmental Committee NEW||6||Repository||2|
|Family Mass Group||1||Society of St. Vincent de Paul||5|
|Justice & Peace Group NEW||4||Parish Youth Council NEW||1|
|Legion of Mary||1|
Truly the spirit of volunteerism is very strong in this parish. It has been there from the very first days of the parish’s existence and continues to this day. All told a few hundred people give of their time and energy every week in Holy Trinity and without that generous giving, we couldn’t keep going as a parish. On behalf of the Parish Team and myself, thank you one and all for all you do.
Have a great week.
Church Notices, 17th October 2010
- We extend a warm welcome to the 78 new volunteers who signed up for 100 positions in our parish on Volunteering Sunday last week. The volunteers will be contacted shortly about starting in their chosen groups. Our thanks to all involved who made the day such a success.
- First Eucharist Preparation Programme: There will be a meeting on Wednesday for parents of children who wish to celebrate First Eucharist this coming year. The meeting will be here in the church, beginning at 7.30pm.
- Next Sunday is Mission Sunday and the Annual Collection for the foreign missions will be taken up at all Masses in place of the SHARE Collection.
- The Altar List of the Dead will be available to all in the Parish over the next two weeks. You should try to return the names of deceased loved ones to us by Tuesday 2nd November, the Feast of ALL SOULS for inclusion on the Altar List.
- Parishioners are asked to be vigilant in relation to suspicious behaviour around vehicles. Gardai in Coolock should be notified if you have any concerns.
- The Book of Condolence for Fr. Donald and his family is still available for parishioners who wish to sign it after Mass today. We will be forwarding the book to Fr. Donald later in the week.
- The Irish Catholic and The Word magazine are on sale in the Repository. So also is the October edition of The Sacred Heart Messenger and signed Mass Cards for all occasions.