Diocesan Notices: 17th November 2011
From the Dublin Diocesan Noticeboard.
Palestrina Christmas Concert: The Palestrina Choir of St. Mary’s Pro Cathedral will host their annual and festive Christmas Concert on December 8th next in the RDS. Tickets - already proving very popular - are available from www.ticketmaster.ie (search for “Palestrina” on Ticketmaster site search box).
Dublin City Mission: Dublin Eucharistic Congress Preparatory Committee invites you to partake in the Dublin City Mission based in the Pro Cathedral from 26th November to 8th December, in preparation for the Eucharistic Congress. There are a few key events for your diary:
- Mission Mass Monday to Friday at 5:45pm
- Adoration and Prayer each afternoon
- Mass in St Mary’s Pro Cathedral on Sunday 27th November 4th December at 6.30pm followed by light refreshments, songs and sharing. Come and share your faith with young missionaries from all over the world.
- “Be Reconciled Be Healed”, an evening of music, prayer, reflection and sacrament of Reconciliation on Friday 2nd December at 7.30pm.
- Marian Evening beginning with vigil Mass for the feast of the Immaculate Conception followed by testimonies, music, prayer and candlelight procession on Wednesday 7th December at 6pm.
St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road: reopens for Masses on weekend November 26th/27th. The church has been closed for the last six months to enable extensive internal and external refurbishment. The official reopening and blessing will be carried out by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin at 11am Mass on Sunday 11th December. The first lecture after reopening will be delivered by the renowned literary scholar Professor Terry Eagleton on the subject “Jesus and Tragedy” on Thursday 1st December at 8.00 p.m. Admission is free and all are welcome.
Avila Retreat Centre: The Carmelite community of Avila invite you to join them in reading St. Teresa of Avila’s Foundations. This will take place every second Tuesday of each month from November to May from 7.30 p.m. - 9.00 p.m. Attendance is free. Participants will require the book of the Foundations which can be bought from Catholic bookshops or online. For further information please contact Br. Noel O’Connor OCD at Avila Carmelite Centre, Donnybrook Dublin on 01 6430200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.ocd.ie